Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Seitan Society!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Seitan Society’s Website, located at seitansociety.com.
By accessing this Website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use Seitan Society if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this Website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “User Content” refers to your content. “Users” refers to individuals other than you that use the Website. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Sharing Your Content
Anything that you upload or otherwise make available on our Website, including all Intellectual Property Rights in such content, is referred to as “User Content.” You retain all of your rights in all of the User Content you post to Seitan Society and you agree that all images, videos, recipe ingredients and recipe methods are your own and are not copyrighted elsewhere.
How Seitan Society can use Your Content
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, display, reproduce, re-post, modify (e.g., re-format), re-arrange, and distribute your User Content for the purposes of operating and providing the the Website to you and to our other Users. You agree that content may be displayed or reproduced outside of the Website, and may include advertising (online, printed), newsletter posts, posters, booklets, and for editorial purposes. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict Seitan Society’s rights under separate licenses to User Content.
Please remember that the seitansociety.com is a public platform, and that other Users may search for, see, use, and/or re-post any User Content that you make publicly available through the Website.
How Long we Keep Your Content
Seitan Society may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Seitan Society and other Users may retain and continue to display, reproduce, re-post, modify, re-arrange, and distribute any of your User Content that other Users have re-posted to their own boards or other social network properties (e.g., Facebook, twitter, pinterest) or which you have posted to public or semi-public areas of the Website.
Your Responsibility for Your Content
You shall be solely responsible for User Content that you upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site and the consequences of submitting and publishing your User Content on the Site. You may post comments, videos, photos and other User Content and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information, so long as the User Content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam.” You may delete any of your User Content at any time.
You agree not to use Seitan Society’s Website to:
- conduct any commercial business;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law;
- stalk or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in these Terms; or
upload, post, link, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that;
- is offensive, indecent, objectionable, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any nudity at all or is pornographic or obscene;
- exploits any person, including children or minors; or
- discloses or contains any personally identifying information (like name or address) about any person who appears to be under the age of 18.
You acknowledge that Seitan Society may or may not screen User Content, but that Seitan Society and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to screen, refuse, remove, or edit any User Content that is available via the Site. Seitan Society reserves the right to decide, in its sole discretion, whether User Content violates these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, Seitan Society and its designees shall have the right to remove any User Content that violates these Terms or we believe is otherwise objectionable.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Seitan Society may access, preserve and disclose your account information and User Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce the Terms;
- respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Seitan Society, its Users and the public.
You acknowledge that all User Content you post, link or otherwise make available on the Website will be publicly available and will not be deemed confidential under any circumstances.
The following rules for posting on seitansociety.com help keep our community positive and to ensure that every post is helpful to other people:
Only Post Your Own Content. You may only post your own unique experience with Seitan Society. You may only post videos and images of recipes that belong to you.
Be Respectful. Seitan Society’s Website is a community of people. We know that individual tastes are personal, but please be respectful in your comments, conversations, and ingredients lists. No meat products will be allowed in recipe content. All recipes must at least be vegetarian, and must have a vegan option for our Users.
Seitan Society does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the Website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Seitan Society, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the User who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Seitan Society shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this Website.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our Website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Seitan Society a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Seitan Society’s Content
Except for User Content, the Website itself, all content and other subject matter included on or within the Website, and all Intellectual Property Rights in or related to the Website or any such content or other subject matter (“Seitan Society’s Content”) are the property of Seitan Society. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, you agree not to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, or otherwise exploit the Honest Kitchen’s Content without our permission.
You must not:
- Republish material from Seitan Society
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Seitan Society
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Seitan Society
- Redistribute content from Seitan Society
Hyperlinking to Our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Seitan Society; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our Website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Seitan Society. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Seitan Society’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of Links from our Website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
This Agreement shall begin on the Sept. 30, 2020.